Here are some of the events we’ve enjoyed recently…
- Bike Week – The UK’s biggest mass-participation cycling event. The 2012 Cycle Festival was part of it!
- Bristol’s Biggest Bike Ride – An absolutely massive family-friendly ride with a choice of four routes, mostly on closed roads.
- Bristol Bikefest – A 12-hour mountain bike endurance race at Ashton Court. Good fun and more beginner-friendly than it sounds.
- Bristol Zoobomb – An irregular top-to-bottom ride through Bristol on mini-bikes. Participate at your own risk!
- Bespoked The UK’s first handmade and boutique bicycle show, held right here in Bristol.
- World Naked Bike Ride – A global event with its own Bristol offshoot. Depending on your viewpoint, it’s statement about the vulnerability of cyclists on our roads, a protest against car culture, or just an excuse to get nekkid…
- Frome Cobble Wobble – The legendary timed hill climb event, held on a twisty cobbled street.
- Bike Bath – Bath’s own cycle festival, a mix of competitive road rides, talks and other events.
- LVIS Audax – a 60- or 120-mile road ride on scenic West country roads. Cheap entry and mountains of cake!
- Muddy Hell – A night-time fancy dress Halloween cyclocross race, held at Herne Hill velodrome.
- Bike Blenheim – Brilliant cycling event held in the grounds of Blenheim Palace, with the support of Cycle Oxford. Includes bike polo, cyclocross, and the Brompton World Championships.