Local Riding Groups
Some of the local groups organising beginner-friendly rides:
- Bristol Cycling Campaign – In addition to campaigning, BCC organise a regular programme of rides aimed at all levels.
- Bristol CTC – The local branch of the national cyclists’ organisation, with a busy programme of rides.
- Bristol Thursday Old Time Cyclists – A group of older cyclists who run a gentle weekly ride to a pub and back.
- CycleOut Bristol – The cycling branch of the Gay Outdoor Club. Friendly sociable rides.
Road and mountain bike clubs:
- Bristol South CC – Friendly local road club with regular Sunday rides and a summer time trial series.
- Severn Road Club – Very active road club who organise road races, time trials and cyclocross races.
- Bristol Mountain Bike Club – Weekly off-road rides at Ashton Court.
- The Cheesy Riders – Laid-back mountain bike rides at evenings and weekends.